HENDERSON COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Construction on the Henderson County Courthouse was completed in 1923. It sat abandoned for many years before a total renovation was started in 2006. The building was then converted into a mix use property used by the town of Hendersonville.
This building is constructed of solid brick masonry walls, columns were brick with stucco and a stone base wall.
SCOPE OF WORK
-All brick and stone walls were cleaned.
-Masonry walls were tuckpointed.
-There were 14 brick stucco columns. All stucco was removed down to the brick masonry substrate and new stucco applied.
-Portions of the capitals on top of the columns were missing. Sections were removed and replacement pieces were cast and reinstalled.
-Stucco columns, concrete water tables, and concrete trim were coated using elastomeric coatings.
-All brick masonry walls were treated using a clear masonry sealer.